Watching Dr. Oz the other day, they were showing how to make this super-food chocolate cake, that is actually made of tons of fruit, nuts and veggies instead of flour and eggs. This never-get-sick recipe from Dr. Fuhrman will boost your immunity and satisfy your sweet tooth. Check out the recipe below.
Dr Oz: Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Recipe
Dr Oz Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 1 2/3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 1/2 cups pitted dates, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw beets, shredded
- 3/4 cup raw carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raw zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in own juice, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Chocolate Nut Icing:
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts or raw cashews
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts or hazelnuts
- 1 cup vanilla soy, hemp or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dr Oz Never-Get-Sick Chocolate Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a blender combine 3 cups of dates, pineapple, banana and the applesauce and puree. Chop the rest of the dates into 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped dates, beets, zucchini, carrots, cocoa powder, currants, walnuts, water, vanilla, the flour mixture from above and the blended date mixture and stir until everything is combined completely.
- Spread in a 9 x 13-inch nonstick baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine all icing ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Spread on cooled cake.
Order the ingredients above in time to be delivered to make today! www.myshopwise.com