If you’re not hearing pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin, you’re hearing BUTTERNUT SQUASH! And why not? ‘Tis the season for this nutty-flavor hard squash that can be used in many different ways!
- the most famous – butternut squash soup! Check out this recipe for Butternut Squash Soup on allrecipes.com – seems to the majority favorite!
- Roasting/boiled or steamed – like sweet potatoes and carrots orange cousins! Butternut squash can be delicious all by itself as a sidedish – sprinkle with some butter and brown sugar and you’ll thank us later!
- Bake and add to salads with Kale and apples (that are also in season and for sale in all of our stores!)
– Try this Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Vinegarette Recipe from Foodnetwork.com or
– get creative with this Butternut Squash Lasagna
Don’t forget – It’s healthy too! Butternuts are rich in vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants!
How the heck do you prepare Butternut Squash?
You have to start by cutting it into sections – which can be tricky, so be careful
Peel the blub and then halve it. Scrape out the seeds. Chop the flesh into bite sized pieces, and now it’s ready to boil or steam or roast!
** You’ll know when the squash is done when it is easily pierced with a fork, and the flesh is soft enough to chew.